4th of July Popsicle Fun!
DIY, Yummies | June 27, 2018
How to make fruit popsicles
There’s nothing more refreshing than a cold popsicle on a hot summers day! There are two things that make this sweet treat even better: knowing exactly what’s in the ingredients and making memories with your family. This Fourth of July, be a picnic or backyard BBQ ready with this simple and refreshing organic popsicle recipe you can make with the whole family!
4th Of July Coconut Water & Berries popsicle
What you’ll need:
- Popsicle Molds (if you’re in a pinch you can you use popsicle sticks and reusable cups)
- About 2 ½ cups of organic fruit (for the full fourth of July effect blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries work best)
- 40 oz of organic coconut water
- Start by washing the fruit, and your little one’s hands! Once everything is clean, cut the raspberries in half and the strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
- Place all of the fruit into your molds. Tip: to recreate the American flag, try putting the raspberries on the bottom then add the strawberries and blueberries. This is a great step for your little one to feel like they’re helping and it gives them a chance to practice color recognition and identification!
- After all your fruit has been added, pour in enough coconut water to cover the fruit. Blueberries will float to the top.
- Add your popsicle sticks or mold covers and move tray (carefully) to a flat place in the freezer.
- For best results freeze overnight and enjoy the next day!
- Allow trays to sit out at room temperature for 1-2 minutes for easy removal.
Picky Eater Pro Tip:
If your little one doesn’t love the chunks of fruit try blending all the fruits with a splash of coconut water for a smoother popsicle.